Tags"green furniture" "sustainable architecture" Advice Architecture Business carousel showcase clean tech Conventional Energy Daylighting eco design Emissions Energy Management environmental destruction Executive Briefings Feature gallery Global green architecture Green Building green design green gadgets green Interiors Green Lighting Green Materials Green Products Green renovation green roof green technology Green Transportation Link Time Living News & Culture Politics Products & Planning Reader Submitted Content Recycled Materials relationships Solar Power Sustainable Building sustainable design sustainable food Sustainable Materials urban design Water Issues Water Management
Try our Associated sites
- Green Kids Clothes: Electropura ReviewElectropura is run by fashion designer Lynn van Gastel who creates fashions for kids in sizes o-5 from existing materials. In today’s world where nearly everything seems to be disposable, these fashions rescue fabrics that still have tons of wear in […]
- Skateboard Sculptures of HaroshiCheck out these fantastic skateboard deck sculptures by Japanese artist Haroshi. He’s got an extremely varied portfolio of artwork made from old beat up decks. These five pieces shown here are just some of his latest sculptures. His method of wooden […]
- Eco-Friendly Gift Ideas — For the CookLooking for a green gift idea for the eco-chef in your life?? Check out these kitchen spice racks available in bamboo. Bamboo is a great wood to use because it grows extremely quickly with little water and no use of pesticides […]
- Beads For ChangeAre you looking for an eco-friendly product for the fashionista on your shopping list this year? Check out Beads for Change. This program employs women of Uganda who live in hillside slums. They are refugees after decades of war in […]
- Oil Town LivingI’ve got to admit that I live in the middle of a city fueled by oil. Make no mistake about it, Calgary is definitely an oil town. We’ve got a terrible reputation as red necks with out Stampede and a […]
- Penguin SweatersTo be clear, this post is about tiny sweaters for penguins such as pictured on the left. I am not writing about sweaters for humans with penguins on them such as this one from Chanel pictured on the right. It’s […]
- Getting In Bernie Madoff’s PantsThey say you can’t judge a man until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes so can you judge him after using his pants?? Check out the Bernie Madoff collection on Fredrick James for a cool selection of Ipad covers […]
- The Ultimate Solar LightHere in the Western world, solar lights are a novelty not a necessity. It’s easy to forget about people living on other places of our small planet that aren’t going green to save the world. They’re simply living hand to […]
- Etsy Find: Talking Squid Recycles TeesTalking Squid is not just saving the planet by recycling t-shirts, they’re also helping you save money with their huge 50% off summer sale. Yup, half off! So, what could you spend half as much on?? Well, they’ve got an outstanding […]
- Quitting SmokingQuitting smoking is one of the best things that you can do for the health of the environment and yourself. Cigarette butts make up about 80% of litter commonly found on streets. The exhaled fumes from cigarette smoke are a […]
- Green Kids Clothes: Electropura Review
Category Archives: transportation
This one will go into the “no comments” and “speaks for itself” category.
In 2011, the first full year with the current crop of plug-ins on the market, fewer than 20,000 were sold.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has decided to test plug-in vehicles separately from gas and gas-electric hybrid versions of the same models.
We often forget that great bike cities were not always so. They all had to start somewhere, work hard at it, and build up the infrastructure and bike culture, sometimes from a very low base.
Despite their name, rare earth metals aren’t actually that rare, but they are important for a variety of green technologies.
Shipping pollution from sulfur oxides (SOx) and nitrous oxides (NOx) along busy trade routes can equal carbon dioxide-driven ocean acidification, a study says. Sulfur in marine fuel oil and atmospheric nitrogen create SOx and NOx in the exhaust gases from … Continue reading
If you already commute to work on your bike, that’s great, just keep doing what you do. But if you don’t, it’s a great time to give it a try and see why so many swear by it.
Teijin Engineering has developed a selective catalytic reduction (SCR) denitration device for midsized ship engines to ensure compliance with the Tier III nitrogen oxides emissions regulation, which goes into effect in 2016. The company says ship tests have demonstrated that … Continue reading
North Carolina’s legislators have proposed a bill that would make it illegal for automakers to sell their cars directly in the state. Of course the bill is supported by the Automobile Dealers Association, and aimed directly at Tesla Motors.
Should different rules apply to different modes of transport? “We have laws for dog licensing. Should parakeets have to wear a little collar with a tiny tag?”