Tags"green furniture" "sustainable architecture" Advice Architecture Business carousel showcase clean tech Conventional Energy Daylighting eco design Emissions Energy Management environmental destruction Executive Briefings Feature gallery Global green architecture Green Building green design green gadgets green Interiors Green Lighting Green Materials Green Products Green renovation green roof green technology Green Transportation Link Time Living News & Culture Politics Products & Planning Reader Submitted Content Recycled Materials relationships Solar Power Sustainable Building sustainable design sustainable food Sustainable Materials urban design Water Issues Water Management
Try our Associated sites
- Green Kids Clothes: Electropura ReviewElectropura is run by fashion designer Lynn van Gastel who creates fashions for kids in sizes o-5 from existing materials. In today’s world where nearly everything seems to be disposable, these fashions rescue fabrics that still have tons of wear in […]
- Skateboard Sculptures of HaroshiCheck out these fantastic skateboard deck sculptures by Japanese artist Haroshi. He’s got an extremely varied portfolio of artwork made from old beat up decks. These five pieces shown here are just some of his latest sculptures. His method of wooden […]
- Eco-Friendly Gift Ideas — For the CookLooking for a green gift idea for the eco-chef in your life?? Check out these kitchen spice racks available in bamboo. Bamboo is a great wood to use because it grows extremely quickly with little water and no use of pesticides […]
- Beads For ChangeAre you looking for an eco-friendly product for the fashionista on your shopping list this year? Check out Beads for Change. This program employs women of Uganda who live in hillside slums. They are refugees after decades of war in […]
- Oil Town LivingI’ve got to admit that I live in the middle of a city fueled by oil. Make no mistake about it, Calgary is definitely an oil town. We’ve got a terrible reputation as red necks with out Stampede and a […]
- Penguin SweatersTo be clear, this post is about tiny sweaters for penguins such as pictured on the left. I am not writing about sweaters for humans with penguins on them such as this one from Chanel pictured on the right. It’s […]
- Getting In Bernie Madoff’s PantsThey say you can’t judge a man until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes so can you judge him after using his pants?? Check out the Bernie Madoff collection on Fredrick James for a cool selection of Ipad covers […]
- The Ultimate Solar LightHere in the Western world, solar lights are a novelty not a necessity. It’s easy to forget about people living on other places of our small planet that aren’t going green to save the world. They’re simply living hand to […]
- Etsy Find: Talking Squid Recycles TeesTalking Squid is not just saving the planet by recycling t-shirts, they’re also helping you save money with their huge 50% off summer sale. Yup, half off! So, what could you spend half as much on?? Well, they’ve got an outstanding […]
- Quitting SmokingQuitting smoking is one of the best things that you can do for the health of the environment and yourself. Cigarette butts make up about 80% of litter commonly found on streets. The exhaled fumes from cigarette smoke are a […]
- Green Kids Clothes: Electropura Review
Category Archives: design
Much of the design coverage this week came from New York Design Week, although the two top stories are about tiny houses.
Claesson Koivisto Rune are architects of everything from prefabs to lamps. Can they solve a huge problem in Africa?
A decade ago she saw it coming and now it might actually finally be arriving.
Just as we saw following Hurricane Sandy, the devastating tornado that hit Moore, Oklahoma raised the question of whether the storm could be attributed to climate change. Either way, Andrew Revkin notes, this is less important in the short-term.
Colourful and unexpected, this installation uses hundreds of bottles to create a simple shelter.
It’s about time that we stopped wasting drinking water to flush away our waste; Allison Bailes did it and isn’t complaining.
Alex Wilson calls Bullitt Center “one of the most important commercial buildings of the past 50 years”
The BuildingGreen founder says it is ” almost certainly the greenest office building in America if not the world.”
Studio Liu Lubin designs a housing unit that is transportable and stacks up like a 3D Tetris game.
Kevin Kelly explains why the complex interconnectedness of modern technology and society makes disaster relief and system change so challenging.
As people move into smaller spaces, dealing with dog waste can be a problem. Modko’s latest design can help.